Gunung Rinjani RETURN!
Challenging and tortuous but all worth it for the beauty of Rinjani is what many trekkers have described the journey to conquer one of the most iconic holy mountain in Indonesia. This once popular mountain was closed for more than a year following a devastating quake.
Recently, the Mount Rinjani National Park Agency (TNGR) has re-opened several of the trails including Sembalun and Senaru.
It is however currently not safe to do a trans trek of Sembalun-Lake-Senaru hence the trek is only limited to 2d1n Sembalun-Summit- Sembalun route.
The trek would bring you from Sembalun to Summit– from the savanna-esque plains of Sembalun covered with garlic plants, up to the campsite beneath the summit followed by summit attack at dawn and grand view of the smoking cone of Gunung Barujari at the campsite, this trek will be a feast to your eyes or camera and guaranteed to the test your endurance both physically and mentally...
Although the 2D1N trek is said to be doable for most people, the trek is by no means easy and and does require very good fitness level, the summit attack portion is considered very tough. The trail consist of mainly volcanic scree and gravel.
Do take note and always adhere to the SAFETY guideline offered by our trek leaders/host and local guide before and during the trek.
Arrive at Mataram, airport pickup at 2pm (main group arrived 1340pm)
Stay at sembalun lodge 1 night (1100masl)
(leave your non hiking items behind at the lodge, it will meet you back upon descent)
*meals to be taken on the way during rest stop at your own cost
24 April (B/L/D)
Early morning meet up guide and briefing
Start trekking to Plawangan Sembalun (estimated trekking time of 6 hours)
Stay overnight at 2760m
25 April (B/L)
01.00AM Wake up call and take your breakfast.
We will start latest by 0200AM for summit attack (estimated on slow speed to take 5-6 hours)
06.00AM ETA Rinjani Summit
07.00AM Start descent to campsite
10.00AM ETA Plawangan Sembalun campsite, lunch and break tent, get ready to descend.
11.30AM Start descent to Sembalun trailhead
16.00PM ETA back at trailhead and depart back to Kuta, lombok
20.00PM ETA at Kuta, rest at Kuta hotel
26 April (B)
Flight back to Singapore
Cost: Early bird $590(sign up and pay by December 2019) or if you sign up with a group of 3 and above
After which the cost will be 650SGD
Limited 17 pax slot
• Homestay at Sembalun Village ( 1 night, twin to triple sharing )
• Hotel at Pantai Kuta, Lombok ( 1 night, twin sharing )
• 4WD Pickup (transportation) to Sembalun gates
• Local guides and logistic porters
• Water supplies (2.5L water per day /pax), no water source is available at campsite anymore, all water has to be carried up
• Cooking personnel and cooking equipment
• tents (1 tents share 2 person)
• meals during trekking as specified in the itinerary (i.e Breakfast= B/Lunch=L/Dinner= D)
• Ground Transportation from airport to Sembalun and back to Kuta and aiport
• Rinjani NAtional park entrance ticket and permits
1. Sleeping Mattress and bag (available for rent @10SGD/pax)
2. Hiking gears, cold weather gears
3. Personal porter
4. Anything else not mentioned under inclusion list
Registration and Payment Details:
Step 1: Full payment of $590 via ATM/Bank transfer to ADVENTURES UNLIMITED, DBS CURRENT A/C - 0039351950.
Step 2: Whatapp proof of payment receipt to 91020550 (IMPORTANT: PLEASE INDICATE "2020 04 23 RINJANI"!!!).
Step 3: Receipt for payment will be issued and further instruction will be provided.
Step 4: Pre trip briefing will be arranged and you will be added into a dedicated whatsapp chat for this trip at least FOUR months prior to the trip. We would also collect the balance at this point.
Until 13 weeks prior to departure – 100% Refund of balance paid
12 weeks prior to departure – 50% Refund of balance paid
8 weeks prior to departure – 0% Refund of balance paid
1. This event is organised by Adventures Unlimited (TA02844), a licensed travel agent registered with the Singapore Tourism Board.
2. Travel Insurance
From 15 July 2015, a travel agent is required to inform and ask attending participants if it is their wish to purchase travel insurance that includes coverage for business insolvency of travel agencies when:
– they are buying a leisure travel product/package; or
– their travel product/package costs at least S$1,000 (including GST) per person; or
– they are paying a deposit or payment of at least S$500 per person.
Recommended flight, please arrive before /at 2pm latest on 23rd april