In support of Trek For Hope’s year end mission taking place in Myanmar, we are pleased to announce this fund raising trip where we explore all the trails in Bukit Tabur, Selangor.
Bukit Tabur is a hill located in Selangor, Malaysia. It is also known locally as Bukit Hangus. The hill is very prominent as it is part of Klang Gates Quartz Ridge and can be seen from the Kuala Lumpur Middle Ring Road 2. The hill, which is less than 500 metres, is a quartz ridge.
Bukit Tabur is divided into the eastern and western section by the dam. As far as we know, it has 4 trails, Tabur East, Tabur West, Tabur Far East and Tabur Extreme, with the latter 2 trails lesser used.
Tabur East and West trails are challenging trails and it’s not meant for those who are beginners to hiking. Those who suffers from acrophobia should first seek the advice from the event organisers before signing up.
Tabur Far East and Tabur Extreme are known as the two of the easier trail compared to East and West, it is said that the trail are filled with fallen trees, bushes, thick ferns, palm leaves with sharp thorn, soft ground and loose rocks. The trail is less common, longer and the climbs before the peak are steep, challenging but exhilarating. At certain part, we might have to bend and crawl on fours. Hence proper attire is required, gloves, covered shoes and long pants. Members with fear of heights and fear of going down steep slopes are advised to exercise extreme caution.
This is a 2D1N (excluding overnight coach) event where you will cover all the scenic trails in Bukit Tabur in one trip.
We will spend the night in a hotel located on Jalan Alor, KL’s bustling food street where dishes keep coming all night long. Shoppers The bustling Sungei Wang, digital mall Low Yat Plaza, upscale Starhill and Pavillion, and the world famous KLCC Twin Towers are all within walking distance.
2 Sept (Fri)
11.59pm: Pick up at Woodlands MRT
3 Sept (Sat)
6:00am: Breakfast & packed lunch (self)
630am: Gather and set off to Bukit Tabur
7:00am: Reach Bukit Tabur (East & West). Safety briefing.
11:00am: Reach summit of West Tabur
12:00pm: Set off to East Tabur
4:00pm: Complete East Tabur
4:30pm: Late lunch (self)
5:00pm: Head back to Hotel
6:00pm: Free & Easy at Petaling Street ( shopping /dinner /durian /massage) – free and easy
4 Sept (Sun)
6.00am: Breakfast & packed lunch (self)
7.00am: Arrive trailhead & safety briefing
7.30am: Start hike at Tabur Far East then Tabur Extreme
12.00am: Take lunch at Tabur Extreme Summit
2.00pm: End of trek
6.30pm: Dinner at Johor (provided)
* please note that trails in this trip are rated as medium difficulty and require moderate fitness. NOT FOR BEGINNERS.
* Proper attire like covered shoes, long pants is STRICTLY REQUIRED. We will notallowparticipant to climb without proper attired.
Cost: $160 sgd
How to confirm your attendance
1. Arrange for a call back (if more info is required). Leave your details here https://goo.gl/forms/l45w4FCB9Rum6tJG3
2. Pay full payment of $160 (ADVENTURES UNLIMITED DBS CURRENT A/C – 0039351950)
3. Forward proof of payment (WITH Transaction Reference) to Maggie at +65 92371897
4. and you’re in!
What does your package include?
2 x English speaking local guides
All ground transportation
Comprehensive medical kit care
All government and local taxes
Tourist attraction admission fees
What does your package not include?
Meals while not on the trek (unless stated otherwise)
Personal expenses such as snacks, gear, drinks, laundry, phone calls, etc.
Tips for the guide, porters and driver
Any extra costs due to unforeseen circumstances
From 15 July 2015 onwards, a travel agent is required to ask attending participants if it is their wish to purchase travel insurance that includes coverage for business insolvency of travel agencies when:
– they are buying a leisure travel product/package; or
– their travel product/package costs at least S$1,000 (including GST) per person; or
– they are paying a deposit or payment of at least S$500 per person.
Proceeds (less expenses) raised from this trip will be donated to Trek For Hope mission fund in Kamarnut village. Our involvement will focus on the theme of education, medical and water.
– Passport (min 6 mth validity) and ringgit
– Daypack for hiking
– Min 2 litre of water
– Running Lunch to eat at Summit / comfort food / motivational food
- proper trekking boots or shoes (sandals, or open toes shoes are not allowed)
- long trekking pants
– rain coat in case it rains
– Personal first aids and medication
– Set of clothes / slippers to change after hike
This event is organised by Adventures Unlimited (TA02844)
Leave a Reply.