Broga Hill is frequented by casual hikers because of its location on the edge of the Titwangsa Range. It is approximately 400m in altitude and takes its name from the local river, which was actually named after the Buragas, a mythical beast that once called this area home.
The hill is unique as it is rather devoid of trees, which is an uncommon sight amongst tropical rainforests. Remnants of burnt out tree trunks indicate that the area may have been ravaged by a forest fire and the trees did not regrow. It offers a good view of the surrounding area and has become a popular picnic and photography spot.
Read our blog story about hiking on Broga Hill
10.45PM: Meet at pick up location North of Singapore.
5am - breakfast / gear up near Semenyih (MacDonalds)
6am - Sunrise Hike at Broga Hill (400masl)
7.30am Sunrise / group photo / descend & quick wash up at nearby location before heading to Malacca for lunch.
9.30am Set off to Malacca
12noon Lunch at Malacca (Provided), Free and Easy at Malacca until 5pm
5.00pm Set off back to SG
6.30pm Reach Yong Peng for quick dinner (own expense). 9.00pm Reach Singapore (if no jam)
What To Bring/Points to Note:
* Dri-fit shirt
* Long pants
* covered shoes (preferably trekking/hiking shoes, no slippers/sandals)
IMPORTANT ITEMS: PACKING LIST
* Travel Passport (valid more than 6 mths)
*water proof, ringgit for Malacca shopping
* Headlamp (COMPULSORY)
* Day Bag with at least 1 litre of water, snacks/energy food
* ponchos/raincoat/umbrella, Ziplock bag
* Jackets (overnight coach can be very cold)
* Extra socks/air pillow for zzz in bus
* A set of clean clothes for change, toiletries n small towel, slippers/sandals, plastic bags, personal medication, tissue paper n personal trash bag Optional Items:
* cap/bandana/sunglasses/sunblock, trekking pole. Extra load can be kept in bus.
*** All trekkers MUST bring their own headlamps for this trek ***