Chapter 40 The Final Chapter of Legend of the Condor Heroes
华山论剑 Duel on Mount Hua
Huang Rong is entrusted to be the caretaker of the Beggar's Sect in the presence of the elders. Yang Kang disguised himself and wades through the crowd but was soon recognised. Guojing and Huang Rong gives chase but the latter was seriously injured by the Tiezhang Palm. After nursing her injuries, they returned to Peach Blossom island and discovered that the Jiangnan Five Freaks were murdered. Suspecting 東邪 Huang Yaoshi is the killer, Guojing left the island but not before issuing a challenge to 東邪. On the day of the duel, Yang Kang plots but his plans were thwarted and he is forced to confess the truth...
After a few years, the best of the pugilistic world gathers at the HuaShan Sword Meet again. Who will be the One among All?
Let's write a new chapter into this classic novel this coming Jan 2017. Join me on an annual affair to climb a peak and we'll unfurl a CNY banner on the summits of Mt Huashan - one of the Five Great Sacred Mountains of China.
We'll do the plank walk (optional), visit the famous chess pavilion on the East Peak, stay overnight to witness sunrise in the morning and spend the rest our trip exploring the must-see sights in Xian.
Thursday (evening) 5 Jan 2017
Arrival in Xian
Transfer from Xian airport to hotel (twin sharing)
Friday, 6 Jan 2017
Pick up by driver from hotel at 9am
-Drive 2 hours from Xian city to Mt.Huashan (10am - 12:00 )
- Arrving at the tourist center, buy the entrance ticket and the cable car ticket first. (12:00 - 12:15)
- Take shuttle bus and drive about 20 minutes to the north peak cable car station (13:00 - 13:20)
- Arrive at NORTH peak at about 13:30
- Start trekking from here. You will pass by a few famous sites from north peak to east peak
- Stay overnight in the East peak
Saturday, 7 Jan 2017 Mt.Huashan - Xian
- Get up early at about 5am and watching the beautiful sunrise at east peak.
- Continue to explore the south peak, west peak and back to north peak to take cable car down (6:00 - 10:00)
- Get on the shuttle bus return to the parking lot and then take transport back to Xian hotel.
Sunday, 8 Jan 2017
- Pick up from hotel at 9am
- Visit the Terracotta Figures Reproduction Factory & Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum
- Lunch time
- Shaanxi History museum
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda
- Transfer back to hotel
Monday, 9 Jan 2017
- Pick up from hotel at 9am
- Visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda Scenic Area
- Visit Bell & Drum Tower Square & Muslim Quarter & Great Mosque
- Lunch time
- Visit Xian Ancient City Wall
- Transfer back to airport
- Flight back to Singapore.
Land cost - $550
Flight cost - ard $500 (as at 29 Jul 2016)
Inclusive of all lodgings, transport and transfers
Meals not inclusive as we will be food tripping
Also not included gratuities, travel insurance, personal expenses
A deposit of $300sgd to Adventures Unlimited (TA02844)is required in order to confirm your slot.
Flight details will be provided upon receipt of deposit.
Anyone with good fitness and sense of balance can come. Ideally, you should have some hiking experience. Those who suffers from acrophobia should avoid this trek. We have microspikes so we'll issue everyone a pair to trek in the snow (if necc).
Please leave your contact at https://goo.gl/forms/GxOLfPaGWmq7ELtq2 if you need a callback for more information.
Disclaimer - January is not the best time to visit conventionally, it will be cold, it will snow. We'll stay in the mountain lodge instead of a doing a day trip. Electrical heat blankets will be provided. It will be less crowded off-season and we get to witness another beautiful side of the mountain during that time.
The 4 Qualities of Consideration.
勇 - Bravery
智 - Wisdom
敏 - Agility
仁 - Humane
The Meet at HuaShan is open to all to match skills and knowledge
All competitors from each place are well trained in their own fields
Compete fairly, without dark intentions or evil plotting.
1. This event is organised by Adventures Unlimited (TA02844), a licensed travel agent registered with the Singapore Tourism Board.
From 15 July 2015, a travel agent is required to inform and ask attending participants if it is their wish to purchase travel insurance that includes coverage for business insolvency of travel agencies when:
– they are buying a leisure travel product/package; or
– their travel product/package costs at least S$1,000 (including GST) per person; or
– they are paying a deposit or payment of at least S$500 per person.