Ever dreamt of long get away to a place of beauty, trekking a long and mystical trails above the tree lines and even cloud?
In April 2017, our teams relayed a Torch of Hope through the Annapurna Base Camp team, the Everest Base Camp team and at the summit of the Island Peak( do read our stories here)
This April 2018, Trek for Hope will once again, journey to the land of ‘giants’ where life is simple yet challenging; where warmth from your loved ones truly matters and where the aliens like wonder of nature can be found...
As with every Trek For Hope adventure, we always made it a point of emphasis to assist Nalang Village in Nepal with basic needs. Over the past 2 years, with your help, we have been able to provide needed medical assistance. Your kind donations have provided these families with essential items that many of us take for granted, such as a toothbrush
TREK FOR HOPE TEAM at Nalang Village
This year, our goal is a little different. We want to help the next generation have a healthier, more engaging learning environment.
Our goal is simple, but the results will be profound. For a total of SGD $3,500, we can transform the space where the children of Nalang Village attend school. Here is what we wish to provide.
• New lighting and fan wire (with installation).
• Wall repair (as needed) and then new colour.
• Door and window improvements, including colour as needed.
• Food and transportation costs.
We estimate each project will require about SGD $3000 to complete, with an added SGD $500 for food and transportation costs .
Why make these items our point of focus this year? Because a room that is warm and inviting is the best place for a child to learn.
Better classrooms give the children of Nalang Village the best possible opportunity to reach their full potential. An environment which lacks cleanliness and colour reduces information retention and the effectiveness of a teacher. It creates stress instead of inspiration. We wish to provide the best possible learning morale possible. Check out our fund raising effort here
ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP TREK - 13 to 24 APRIL 2018 (view details)
EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK - 13 APRIL to 29 April 2018 (view details) *
* these treks are included under The Holy Grail trek rewards programme. To find out how you can earn a free lifetime trek pass to Nepal, please click here.
Some have said that the panoramas of the Himalayas are never more beautiful than they are from
Nalang Village. With this opportunity, you can decide if that observation happens to be true. Challenge
yourself to step out of your comfort zone and the experiences you have will become memories which
last for a lifetime.
Join Trek For Hope on this exciting relay event and take the dare to dream today.
click on individual images for detailed itinerary and costing
1. The land cost quoted herein covers all necessary costs and expenses expected to be incurred but it does not include donations to the beneficiaries. Donations will be raised via fund raising activities carried out by the Trek For Hope Charity Outreach Executive Committee in conjunction with the trek participants.
2. This event is organised by Adventures Unlimited (TA02844), a licensed travel agent registered with the Singapore Tourism Board.
From 15 July 2015, a travel agent is required to inform and ask attending participants if it is their wish to purchase travel insurance that includes coverage for business insolvency of travel agencies when:
– they are buying a leisure travel product/package; or
– their travel product/package costs at least S$1,000 (including GST) per person; or
– they are paying a deposit or payment of at least S$500 per person.